Skip to main content

Peaches, Peaches, Peaches!

The time has finally arrived...peaches are in season!  We ran out of bottled peaches forever ago (it was probably only a month or two but when you have a craving it seems like forever!) and could hardly wait for them to come into season to bottle more.  There is no comparison between home-processed fruit and store-bought canned fruit.  I suppose it's still a matter of personal preference, but for us the choice is obvious.  Not to brag, but they turned out amazing! 
  In all honesty, I do have to admit that this batch was my second attempt.  The varieties of peaches available here are different than what we used growing up so I had to experiment to find the best kind. The first batch turned out about 3 bottles when I was expecting 7...not cool!  In case you are wondering, white peaches are not the type to use for canning.  Sweet yellow peaches are the way to go.

Comments

Erin Kay said…
I am so jealous of your bottled peaches!! Maybe you should mail some to me. In Cedar. lol :)