Birthdays are so fun! Our recent celebrations began Sunday with a family
dinner for all the July birthdays in the Downs clan. All those with
birthdays get to decide the menu and this month we did breakfast for
dinner...definitely one of my favorites! What is better than German
pancakes (a.k.a. Dutch Babies) and breakfast burritos with a side of
orange rolls? Top it all off with strawberry shortcake and fruit
smoothies and it's a perfect night. We were having so much fun that we
forgot to take pictures...this seems to happen WAY too often with
our gatherings. I suppose that's a good thing though, right? Anyway my
celebrating continued the next day with Zeb singing "Happy Birthday"
spontaneously throughout the day and a bonus of Bryan getting home early
from work. I opened presents, followed by a special dinner (Red
Robin...yes!!). I sure got spoiled!
Bryan surprised me with a new printer! We've been without a functioning printer for at least 6 months so this was perfect. I am so excited to set it up and get printing! (I didn't realize until just now that I took a picture of the Spanish side of the box. Oh well...you get the idea.)
Zeb helped with the card this year and it is definitely one of my favorites that I've ever received. It was also very fun to get cards, messages, and phone calls from so many family and friends. I really felt the love!
These have got to be some of the cutest hooks I've ever seen! I am now the proud owner of a set of 4...and I can't wait to get them up on a wall.
The party continued yesterday with a fun-filled day at the beach with friends. The kids had so much fun playing, we had fun visiting, we had more fun playing in the waves and building sand castles (or mountains if you asked the kids). Overall it was a fantastic day! Again we were having too much fun to stop and take pictures (besides...I left my camera at home and my phone in the car. Oops!) but they would look just like some in our collection already. Zeb playing in the waves and Abigail eating sand for hours on end. We're hitting the beach again soon so maybe we'll remember to take a few new pictures next time. At this rate we'll be celebrating all summer long.
Comments