Our little princess turned 2! Goodness, how the time flies! I can hardly believe that our little girl is already 2 years old, but then I have a conversation with her and am astounded. She has such a large (and very articulate) vocabulary and understanding of everything going on around her. She literally tries to do everything she sees her big brother doing, and usually succeeds! She and Zeb love to play a game where they wrap up "presents" in their blankets, then sing "Happy Birthday" to each other (or whoever they've decided to include) and open presents. After which, they wrap the gift again and keep playing. My favorite part of the game is seeing how excited they get giving the gifts rather than always wanting it to be their turn to open them. (That might just be my biased view as the mother...but it seems to be true!)
She had been looking forward to her birthday for about a week and was all smiles when the day finally arrived! Abigail was very thrilled to get dressed in her new clothes and have her hair fixed.
She is all girl when it comes to getting ready for the day (I guess we'll both learn things along the way!)
Abby chose brownies as her birthday treat (she would change her mind every time I asked her, so when I finally got a repeat answer we settled on it) and got to be a big helper while making them.
We had a fun day staying occupied while waiting for Daddy to get home from work. We played toys, played outside (a perk of living where we do...), talked about our grand adventure at the pumpkin patch (more on that in a different post), and stayed happy!
After a yummy dinner of spaghetti it was finally present time! The joy could not be contained any longer.
Abba sure loved seeing all the pink! She got spoiled with a fish card (she loves fish!) from Uncle Phil and Aunt Mandy, some pretty new clothes and princess toys from the Sagers clan, and her favorite...
...a new baby doll and stroller! She also got cards from great-grandparents and phone calls from family. She even got a special birthday greeting video sent from Minnie Mouse! Boy, did she get spoiled!
After the presents it was time to brownies. Our Abbers decided that since she is now 2, she needed to blow the candles out twice. Who were we to argue with that logic?
**Of course, I can't get the video of the candles to load...and all of our still photos are blurry...someday I'll get this figured out!**
We sure love our princess!
Comments