Here in Rancho Cucamonga we enjoy many things, one of which is good family time while camping. Zebediah was so excited for Fathers' and Sons' this year. When I told him Monday morning that we were going to go camping on Friday, he just couldn't wait. When I got home from work on Monday he had his bag packed with toys and other items, none of which were clothes. He was sad that he couldn't go yet. But the time came soon enough.
Last year I didn't bring a tent because I thought it was going to rain, which it didn't. Zeb had a complete meltdown. So to avoid the same meltdown I made sure I brought the tent (in the background of the picture above). Of course Zeb did not help put it up, which is better then him breaking it like the the first time we went camping together.
Instead he played and played and played. Because of the stream that is right next to our campsite I have learned Zeb needs at least one change of clothes for each day we are there and one par of shoes to get dirty. I brought three complete outfits and two shoes. Zeb used all clothes that were brought for him, and he went through one in about the first 30 minutes. What can I do? I tell Zeb, "Don't get in the water" and two minutes later he has gotten wet from shoes to knees. Being the wonderful dad that I am I left him in his wet clothes until it was time to eat dinner and Zeb was asking to get into dry clothes.
We took a hike this year to see this waterfall. All the kids were so excited to get to it, Zeb probably the most. When we got their this was the result. I was a little disappointed to say the least, but all of the kids loved it. Zeb kept throwing rocks into the water. No child fell in but it wouldn't have surprised me if one had.
Zeb just being himself. I love this goober.
And this is where he gets his gooberness from.
And this is the two goobers together.
I absolutely love spending camping time with Zeb. He enjoys it so much and I enjoy spending time with him. What else could a dad ask for?





Comments