Better late than never, right? Once again, life has caught up with us and the blog was neglected. No more! At least that's what we say...
November was full of fun, funny things, and more fun.
Abby made me laugh one morning when she came to have her hair fixed. She couldn't decide which shirt to wear to school, so she put on all three! Why not? Haha! She has a very unique and amazing sense of style and I hope she keeps it forever.
Both school kids have been bringing home wonderful and amazing things lately. Here are a few examples.
Abigail was instructed to draw a costume and then write a few sentences to explain.
"I want to be a vampire. I will wear a cape and scary teeth."
Zeb was to write a story on any subject of his choice.
"Very Very Bad Day " - Hungry referee missed timeout
"Why would he skip lunch? That's just stupid. He missed the time out. The other team won. They can learn lessons. They could have made a field goal." Can you remember which football game he might have been referencing? Guess he was paying closer attention that may had previously thought!
This was one of Zeb's computer lab projects. They were told to write about something important to them. We need to work a bit more on writing ideas clearly and adding details, but this momma's heart melted!
We hosted the family birthday dinner in November! It's a rare treat for us to host, and we love every minute of it.
Good food, good company, good times!
We voted!
We weren't thrilled about everything that was on the ballot...but we did it anyway. We just love having the option to voice our opinions and make our voices heard (even if we aren't always listened to, at least we tried)!
It snowed in California! Okay, okay...just in our house. One lovely afternoon while I was teaching piano lessons (the kids catch on soooo quickly when I am distracted or occupied and can't give them my full attention!) they decided to open up one of our bean bag chairs and make it snow. In spite of me repeatedly telling them to cease and desist...there was quite the mess by the time I finished teaching and could properly deal with the situation.
I had started to sweep up the snow (because of the static it just "ran away" from my vacuum) and had been working at it for about an hour by the time Bryan got home from work.
Out comes the shop-vac (why didn't I think of that?!) and about 20 minutes later, Bryan had officially saved the day.
Look Dad! I drew your portrait. Hehe! Good effort, son. Good effort.
Abby was given the assignment to disguise a turkey so it wouldn't be eaten for Thanksgiving dinner. Her choice of costume? Pikachu...obviously. Why would she choose anything other than her brother's current favorite?
She did a great job designing and making the costume! The sentences she wrote describing her project are on the back of the picture. They read, "My turkey is a pikachu. He has red cheeks. He can make electric."
Zeb got to go on an outing with a friend to our local library to make pumpkin slime.
His expression says it all. Eww! Gross! Of course, once he got home, he couldn't stop trying to get the rest of us to smell and touch it. He's such a boy (and we love that about him!).
I honestly can't remember why the goggles are on for this. That's what happens when I postpone blogging for 2 (almost 3) months! The girls like to play dress up with anything they can find and goggles are in great supply at our house.
I have a slight memory of Liz keeping the goggles on for an extended period of time (we're talking about 2 or 3 minutes here!), but that might have been a different occasion. Who knows? It's still a cute picture of these fun girls.
We took a quick trip up to Utah for Thanksgiving with Gpa and Gma Sagers. Of course, we took advantage of the babysitting and spend a wonderful morning in the temple.
Our favorite way to spend Black Friday by far!
We got to join in on the birthday celebrations for Anders (no pics because it was too fun!) and loved seeing how he is growing and learning. Thanks for including us!
We also visited the North Pole at Seven Peaks. What a fun set up! The train ride through the lights, bike ride through the Nutcracker story, slides and boat rides were huge hits. In fact, we were having so much fun that all of our picture attempts came out blurry. That's a legit reason, right?!
Abby kept shooting her water gun at us "on accident" but I think she might have had a bit of encouragement. Either way, it was a fantastic night and fun was had by all (except maybe Elizabeth who got a bit chilled).
Visit with Santa? Check.
Slight interjection...
Maggie and I have amazing conversations on a very regular basis. This particular one took place as we were waiting in line to pick up Abigail from school. Maggie had stolen my phone and insisted on videoing our conversation. Who was I to object?
Back to our Utah trip...
Everybody knows that Gma has some strict rules about what is and is not allowed to happen in her living room. Let it be known that she started what follows in the videos (at least that's how we remember it and are telling the story!)
Liz and Daddy doing some serious sword fighting.
Zeb and Abby were doing some "Gratitude sword fighting". Anytime you got hit, you said something that you were grateful for.
Look at these amazing kids! Just look! School pictures turned out fantastic.


Comments