Skip to main content

March Madness

Crazy habits can be fun too. One of which is sleeping habits. Some can fall asleep anywhere and in any position. Others, not so much. 
The girls sat down to have some relax/quiet time for a bit while I did some chores. A few minutes later I turned around to find Lizzie tipped over and snoring while Maggie was totally engrossed in her show. I am guilty of falling asleep while trying to stay awake, but I don't think I've ever tipped over and stayed asleep. Quite the talent little lady!

We went to our monthly preschool playdate at our clubhouse to have fun with bubbles. They taught us a little bit about the science behind bubbles...then played and played and played! The kids had a fantastic time seeing all the shapes and sizes (and, of course, getting to pop them!). The highlight was getting to be inside of a bubble. 
The kids were all amazing at waiting their turns (for the most part - I mean they do range in age from 1-4!) and were excited to hold still when it was their turn. I've never seen Maggie hold so still, with perhaps the exception being when she gets to have her face painted. Incredible! Elizabeth was excited until it was her turn. That's ok. She was just as happy watching the big kids and eating her snacks. 

Abigail got to dress up for school one day and insisted on being a "fancy lady". I think she did a fabulous job planning her outfit and was super cute. 
Obligatory photo and photo partner before school. 

One afternoon, I sent the kids outside to play. I really wanted to keep our house clean for more than 10 minutes. It got a bit quiet, so I peeked outside to see what was going on. They were weeding. Yep, that's right. Weeding. Without being asked, without fighting. 
Huge smiles from our huge helpers!

I really do love these kids and their sweet thoughts. 

Abby and a friend decided that little squirts of water just weren't cutting it one day after school. Why only get little splashes when you can dump the entire bottle on your head?!
I don't know how many bottles of water we filled and dumped, but it was totally worth it to see their grins and hear the giggles!

New skills! Zeb is now the official lawn mower and edger at our house. He had assistance one Saturday learning his new skill. Yay for child labor. Am I allowed to say that?! Too late. 

Maggie must have been a breakfast helper (I honestly can't remember why she had her apron on...that's what I get for postponing the blog!).  
The kids are all anxious to learn new skills in the kitchen and be great helpers.


Abby is trying to teach Liz to use the pedals on her bike, rather than just walk along. 
That skill needs a bit more practice (since she won't even put her feet up!). 


Why limit the work to yard work? Get that painting done crew! Bryan took it upon himself to do a small remodel job in our upstairs hallway bathroom. 
Steps 1-7 = frame the mirror (extra steps included for broken mirrors, wrong size replacement mirror that needed cutting, and other such things). After the mirror was finished, the rest was a piece of cake! (Especially since he recruited the help of one of his young men to help paint the walls.)

Fun times at the pool to take a break from all the hard work going on around the house!
We love our home away from home!

Paddle boats! So fun to look for fish and turtles while paddling (ahem...Daddy paddles) around the lake. 

Abby made a Springtime Diorama for school.  
She is so incredibly talented and creative! It sure is fun having a little artist in the house. 

Remember that one time that Mom was teaching piano lessons and the girls wouldn't leave the room? Remember how Lizzie decided to cocoon herself in the pillows and try to hide? 
Yep. I remember that day. 

Camping! Finally! We really enjoy camping as a family, but haven't done it for years. Time to get back into the swing of things. Of course, the weekend we planned to go turned out to be the coldest weekend in the month of March. Forget the 80-90 degree weather...it was in the 50's. But, what's a little chill when you have fun times together?!
We went to a campground called Hurkey Creek and just loved the entire weekend. 

What fun is camping if there isn't a creek right behind your tent?!




Yummy food, warm fires, good times! Good thing the campground had tables since we forgot to bring our chairs (and table). I don't know that Bryan has ever been more excited to make a list (who knew there were so many things that we could forget to bring for a short camping trip?!)
"Mom! Let me pose for a picture!"

Hiking buddies are the best!
Elizabeth refused to be carried for the first half of the hike, so it was slow going, but that's okay. It gave the other kids more time to explore the surroundings. 


Little miss grumpy (don't know where she gets it - kind of) didn't want to go on the hike, so we stopped for lots of photos and tried to find as many fun shaped twigs and rocks as possible to find her smile. 



HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!

Nothing says, "I LOVE YOU" quite like personalized wrapping paper. 
And it makes wrapping the gifts much more fun. Almost as fun as being the one to open the gifts.  

Daddy's big celebration was our camping trip, but we still got to spoil him on the actual day. Good day at church, good food after, fun times playing games as a family (and making too much noise). We sure love our Daddy! He's the best we could ask for and then some. He takes care of our family and teaches us so many things. He gives the best hugs, is always up for some wrestling and playing around, and still has time to share his testimony with us. What a fantastic father!!!

Abigail has decided that she gets to fix her own hair for school. Normally, I'm 100% good with that decision. Then, we have some interesting days. 
Exhibit A:

She called is a side ponytail with her bangs down. Too bad she defined her bangs as half of her hair!
Other interesting days have included 3 pigtails instead of the normal 2, a bun on one side and regular pony on the other, and a front ponytail to name a few. Some days I let it slide (since she usually comes home with whatever hairstyle we've done taken out anyway) and other days we try again. It all depends on how much time we have until we have to leave and how set she is on doing it herself. Pick the battles. And sometimes concede. Even if you really don't want to. What a hard lesson to learn!

Just because she is so adorable!

Comments