It's been 13 years since we started our journey together. 13 years since we went into the temple with a sunny sky and came out into a blizzard. 13 years since we decided that we kind of liked each other enough to be stuck with each other. 13 is seeming like a pretty good number to us!
His showers have cooled down - I could hardly stand to be in the room with him because the water was so hot and creating so much steam (made it pretty difficult since our bathroom was so tiny in our first home) - and mine have become hotter. He taught me to love the heat and I'm not sure what I taught him. Funny how it works like that sometimes.
He loves country music and reading Louis L'Amour books now. I'm still not a big fan of some of his other favorite bands, but let's just say I am a bit more tolerant and open-minded for the other genres that before.
He loves the outdoors and is slowly but surely convincing me that I love them too. We have learned to love camping as a family and Bryan is teaching all of us to enjoy hiking (not just walking out in nature - that's great too) and some of the more adventurous things along those lines.
He got glasses and has super short hair. I still have glasses (still too chicken to even try contacts) and have super long hair.
One thing that hasn't changed a bit is that we still make each other smile. We have very different senses of humor, but that doesn't stop the smiles from coming. We are growing together as we are changing. Every day we focus on changing ourselves to be the best match for each other. Maybe not every day. We're not perfect, after all. But we try and try and still love each other.
This guy. This guy right here helps me through the hard days. This guy helps me through the good days.
This guy frustrates me to no end with his million faces. But it's a good frustration. How does that even make sense?
This guy keeps me on my toes with his creativity and fun spirit.
This guy keeps our family busy with one adventure after the other. This guy is why it's worth every hard day and every struggle. Because at the end of the day he is there. He is constant. He is loving. He is kind. He is fun. He is honorable. Thrifty, brave and true (and everything else that boy scouts grow up to be). He is my favorite husband from here to eternity.
Comments