At the request of many...okay, not that many...here's the best ice cream recipe you could ever hope to find. It is a favorite tradition in my family - right up there with family BBQ's and trips to the cabin in Scofield. You know, the traditions that you do as often as possible. Anyway, as I was saying before, this recipe is quite literally the best so here goes...
You will need:
- 1 ice cream machine (this recipe makes 4 quarts)
- 2 -7 lb bags of crushed ice
- rock salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups fruit puree (our personal favorite is peach, using frozen peaches from canning season)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
Comments
We are totally going to go nuts with this! BTW, how fine do you puree your fruit? If I remember correctly, you had some chunks of peaches peeking out. Did you add those separately from the puree? Wish us luck. (You make it sound so easy, but I'm just a touch nervous . . . .)