Isn't there a rule somewhere that says once you become a parent you are immune to your kids' sicknesses? I'm pretty sure it's there somewhere...and it was broken big time! Granted, every sickness is not worthy to be posted on the blog. This one just needs a little mention. Zeb first caught a little bug about 2 weeks ago (the day after Bryan started work). One day and about 12 diapers later things seemed just fine. That's when I came down with what I thought was the same bug...just throwing up. I thought, "We can make it through this as long as Bryan doesn't get sick"...bad mistake jinxing him like that. Bryan had to miss a day of work after only going for 3 days! Thanks heavens this sickness was only a one-day thing. Next thing we know nearly everyone in the Downs clan has had one form or the other of this frustrating bug. I guess that's just what comes from having such a close relationship (and living so close) with so much family, especially so many kids who love to play with each other! Next thought - Okay, everyone's had it...we're done now! - WRONG.
Sadly, Zeb got another turn last night being sick. Let's just say that a late night bath and load of laundry got things cleaned up pretty well and he was fortunate enough to sleep well the rest of the night. Now comes the tired part. Who would ever guess that a 19-month old boy who woke up to be sick would be completely back to normal the next morning? He woke up at the lovely hour of 6:00 AM and has been running ever since. I guess I have to ammend that last sentence because I finally got so tired that he gets to have naptime right about now. I'm counting my blessings that I haven't been hit with the sickness again knock on wood but I sure am tired!
Sadly, Zeb got another turn last night being sick. Let's just say that a late night bath and load of laundry got things cleaned up pretty well and he was fortunate enough to sleep well the rest of the night. Now comes the tired part. Who would ever guess that a 19-month old boy who woke up to be sick would be completely back to normal the next morning? He woke up at the lovely hour of 6:00 AM and has been running ever since. I guess I have to ammend that last sentence because I finally got so tired that he gets to have naptime right about now. I'm counting my blessings that I haven't been hit with the sickness again knock on wood but I sure am tired!
Comments