Skip to main content

No More Changing Table

Well, it was definitely good while it lasted. Changing tables are such a blessing for me. A perfect way to immobilize a squirmy child long enough to change a diaper without having to get down on the floor. Not any more in this house! Zeb has recently become a master at climbing out of his crib (I think I may have mentioned this a time or two already). One lovely day after his "nap" I unlocked his door (he climbs out and locks his door) to find this... That's right. The pad hanging over metal rods was at one time supported by a wood plank. Zeb had climbed onto the changing table and started to jump - one of his other recently acquired talents. Next thing I know there is a crash and crying. Cue the opening of the door. He was straddling two of the rods with the plank in pieces around his feet. Wonderful mother that I am, he was removed from his awkward position and the mess mostly cleaned up before I took the photo opp.

Comments

Corinne said…
Didn't he break it when I was there too. Or am i just imaginging it.
Alison Downs said…
Corinnie...the break started while you were here but this finished it off. Funny thing is, soon after (a day or so) I took this picture he broke through the middle plank! Guess we weren't fast enough taking it down.