Skip to main content

Oatmeal Anyone?

A few nights ago we had oatmeal for dinner. Normally Zeb does just fine eating by himself (which is a good thing since he won't let anyone help him anymore!). This night was an exception. BIG TIME! While the oatmeal was cooling enough for him to eat and I was busy making the toast, he decided to grab the measuring cup that was still on the counter - I accept complete responsibility for this since I was too slow getting everything out of his reach - and use that to eat rather than the traditional method (a.k.a silverware). Things got really good when he decided to mix in his milk as well. He can be so creative sometimes. Bowl, measuring cup, milk cup...why not all 3? He was so happy and, more importantly, still eating so I didn't stop him. Zeb got the biggest grin on his face when he saw me get the camera out. Sometimes I wonder if that is really why he does some of his stunts. Could he possibly understand that we have a tendency to get the camera when he is being unusually cute? I should say exceptionally cute because we always think he's cute! As you might guess we had a very fun time in the bath that night scrubbing all the oatmeal out of his hair and off of his face and other miscellaneous body parts.

Comments

Deon said…
Ah, the old oatmeal bath! Good for the skin! How did Zeb know about that at his tender age? What a smarty-pants you've got there :D