Skip to main content

Dig It!

There has been a strong desire to dig at our house recently...whether or not Mommy says it's okay.

Digging in the dirt in our patio.
My favorite part about this picture is that his clothes are on inside-out! So fun when they dress themselves...

 Pure joy at being messy! Until Mommy came out and said time to clean up...(truth be told the mess has been made several times within the past few weeks and Daddy cleaned it up once.)

I decided I had just about had enough of cleaning up dirt...so we went to the beach! I called a friend and we all went to Santa Monica for a very fun afternoon. So fun, in fact, that we stayed 2 hours longer than planned and spent another 2 1/2 hours getting home. Awesome! **Not to rub it in...but I love being able to enjoy a day at the beach in mid-February! The weather was absolutely perfect - mid-to-upper 70's on the coast (low 80's back at home!). Love it!** 
 Abigail was having a great time digging, but she didn't love having to share the toys. Reagan and Paxton were good sports about it though!
 Zeb and Paxton spent most of the time in the water. They were told that it was okay to go in until the water hit about mid-calf...which they translated to mean mid-thigh. I thought the translation issues from what women said weren't supposed to surface until the teenage years...guess not! Oh well. They had fun, we had fun, they stayed safe, and really only got their heads wet a few times. What more can you ask for?
 Abs is not such a fan of the water (probably since it's so much colder than her bath water...that she totally loves!) and spent most of her time either running around or digging. So easy to please! By the way, we are making great progress in the "no eating sand" arena. She hardly tried to put any in her mouth this time. In fact, the worst offense was when she dropped her fruit leather in the sand and still tried to eat it before I could grab it away.
Zeb also got in plenty of "dig time". He loved digging a hole and watching the waves run over it. Since perfect days are not allowed, Zeb just had to step on a bee as we were cleaning up to go home. Luckily we were right by a lifeguard tower and they had a topical anesthetic to help him calm down. Good thing too, since it's impossible for me to carry the bag, the cooler, Abigail, and Zeb all at once. He was such a good sport and helped me carry his toys all the way back to the car.

The kids are starting to dig in the dirt again...guess we'll have to head back to the beach! Rough life...I know, right?!

Comments

Bryan said…
We really have had a blast when I haven't had to work. Alison you have done an amazing job of teaching, training, and loving the kids. You are awesome.

I love you