We finally did it...we finally threw a friends birthday party for our Zebediah. We've thought about doing it every year in the past, but this is the first time it actually happened. It was a total success and gives up hope for repeating the chore fun at some point in the future. When we asked Zeb what he wanted to do for his party he was very specific. He said, "I want Angry Birds cups, Avengers plates, and Transformer toys." Well...taking some of that input...we ended up with a superhero party. Zeb wanted to invite all of his closest friends (all 20 of them!) but we drew the line at 8, which ended up being a very manageable and fun number to have come and play. We were having so much fun that the party was almost over by the time I remember to have some pictures taken.
We played some really fun games...toss the bean bags into the superhero buckets, get the sticker on Captain America's shield (instead of pin the tail), and their favorite...build any type of structure then try to knock it down with a mini shield (or just "hulk smash" it!).
They used Jenga blocks to build their structures. Every one was so good about sharing and taking turns...I was really impressed!
Abigail was thrilled to be invited and has already started planning her birthday party (which, unknown to her, won't happen until she turns 5!).
After participating in each game, everyone got to choose a special treat for doing their part to save the day. Such big smiles were a constant!
Zeb was spoiled with all sorts of superhero presents! He has hardly stopped playing with any of them since the day of the party (the 9th).
After present time we all settled down for some good-old cake pops and ice cream. (Notice we did end up getting Avengers plates...just like Zebediah requested).
The whole gang!
The party favors! I'm not such a fan of the little trinkets that are typical party favors for this age group - and I KNOW I'm not the only mom that feels this way - so we went a different route.
Abby is seen here modeling the party favors...it was so fun to see all the boys in their capes running around outside while waiting for their parents to come!
To top it all off...Bryan even got to come home for a bit of the party (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that his office is close enough that he can do this even during busy season!!!). A special thanks goes out to Aunt Melanie for helping me with the party. Zeb loved having his cousins Max and Mason come up for the fun and I loved having a helper!
Comments