Skip to main content

The BIG house Remodel

Normally our little family is able to make it up to Utah at least twice a year.  2014 was a little more special, at least for Alison.  After Zebediah was done with school, Alison started their summer break with a trip to Utah while I stayed home and watched our house get remodeled.  Her idea, which was a good idea, was to get the kids out of the way and to minimize her stress level.  She succeeded.  They crew was able to get the house demode and put back together before Alison got back home, which was about 11 days.  

Alison's face was priceless when she got home to see the house.  I did not send a single picture to her while she was in Utah.  I was like getting a whole new home.  (Which, to tell you the truth, after all the things we have done to this house since we purchased it, it is a completely different house)  

As for me the remodel was stressful but wonderful.  I enjoyed coming home and seeing all the progress they made.  But I also had to stress about getting all the small things like lights, blinds, faucets and other small odds and ends.  In the end it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be but it sure was a lot more money than either of us usually spend at one time.  


I will let you take a look at the pictures and be the judge, but we are happy with the end result.

Here is the list of all the things we got done:
Tile floor in the whole downstairs
Tile floor in all the 3 bathrooms 
Tile floor under the upstairs washer and dryer
New baseboards in the whole house
New Kitchen cabinets
New light fixtures downstairs and upstairs hallway
The confetti scrapped off of the downstairs ceiling
Black granite counter top
New sink and faucet
New black gas stove and microwave
New carpet on the stairs, upstairs hallway, and bedrooms
New paint everywhere but the 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
New blinds on downstairs windows
And finally two new fences in the backyard     

BEFORE:





DURING:













AFTER:







On a quick side note:  Alison has told me that when we next move we will be buying a turnkey home because she does not want to go through the stress again.


Comments