Alison is 30!!!! And Amazing!!!!
I love the idea of having big birthday parties for those special days, you know the *0 and *5 birthdays. Alison, on the other hand, likes the low key birthdays. So I had the pleasure of planning the perfect birthday party that would celebrate the most wonderful women in my life while splitting my idea and her idea of birthday parties.
I think I nailed it. :)
My wife had no idea what I was going to do for her birthday. So she was surprised. Earlier in the week I had picked up big and small balloons, streamers and small activities to play. I woke up early, around 4 and got the whole dinning area decorated before the kids and Alison woke up. I was also able to run to Ralph's and pick up the cake I had ordered and some flowers.
Once Alison woke up the games began. I made her put on a funny 30 party outfit for pictures.
And then we opened presents.
Then it was game time. Most of our games involved balloons. We had a race to see who could run to the chair and pop the balloon the fastest. We tied balloons to our ankles and stomped on each others balloons. The pictures you see below was represent the bulk of our games. My favorite was the "blow the balloon with a straw" race. Alison could not stop laughing, during this one. It is a funny story but the minute I told her what we were doing the laughter busted out and she did not stop smiling the whole time. (She might have called me a jerk a couple of times but she was a great sport).
To top it all off, I had purchased some water guns and water balloons and once it warmed up a little bit we went outside and had an everyone against mommy water fight. Some how it turned into an everyone against daddy fight and then an everyone against everyone fight. I got the final laugh when I dumped the bucket of water all over Alison.
Finally when all the activities were completed we had cake. Alison loves ice cream and cake and she especially loves ice cream cake. so that is what I got her. Isn't she just the most beautiful 30 year old!!!!!!!
After it was all said and done I think Alison really enjoyed her family birthday celebration. The only question is, how will I be able to top it when she turns 35?
Comments