I often forget to use pictures that were taken on anything besides my phone...but that doesn't make those memories any less important or fun! One such memory was my birthday this year. Haha! We love celebrating in our home and take full advantage whenever possible. We might just happen to still have some lingering birthday decorations still up 3 months later (another birthday is coming soon...and I've just been lazy!).
We (the kids and I) spent a good portion of my birthday at the pool. Is anyone really surprised by that?? Didn't think so. I've had a love for (an obsession with) being in the water - pool, lake, ocean, any body of water - for as long as I can remember. I'm so glad that my kids take after me in that respect!
It was a fantastic day and I truly felt the extra love from my family.
Bryan had the opportunity to go on High Adventure with the Varsity Scouts in our ward. They travelled up to Beaver, UT to do all sorts of fun and manly activities.
What a spectacular view! The group did a variety of activities involving guns, knives, bow and arrows, tomahawks, river rafting, and more.
He's in his happy place!
Lizzie is getting her mommy skills in working order while waiting the last little bit for her baby brother to arrive. She loves having her babies to take care of.
So stylish!
Bryan took the kids hiking near our home as a way to get out of the house and give me some time to nap. I'm excited to be able to join them once again.
Liz got tired for a bit and got a ride. Lucky girl!
They are amazing!
Good family time!
First time meeting Oliver! He was probably 5 hours old at this point.
This truly shows her reaction...excited but not. Elizabeth was very spoiled as the baby and wasn't ready to give up her spot as youngest. She continued her clinging (still does occasionally) but has grown to really love her brother.
Obligatory first family photo with the ever-attractive hospital attire. The things we do for memories.
First day of school 2017!! Gpa and Gma Sagers were in town to help this year. How lucky are we?!?!
Good looking crew all set for a new year of learning and adventure!
Gpa and Gma stayed home with the youngest 3 (still weird saying that!) while Bryan and I walked Zeb and Abby to school. The first day is always fun and exciting - meeting new teachers, seeing old friends, having recess again - with just a tad of anxiety thrown in.
We love being able to walk (or ride bikes) to school!
Lots of love and snuggles going on in our house!
Bryan went on another adventure with the youth. This time to the nearby Palomar Observatory.
It is one of the largest telescopes (if I remember the information correctly). How neat is that!?
Brother time! Zeb was ecstatic to have a brother...and the novelty hasn't worn off. Zeb is such a loving spirit.
Sister love! Lizzie loves wearing her "butterfly" (we're still working on our animal/bug/insect identifying) outfit.
Bryan and the kids got to travel to Arizona to spend time with family and witness the baptism of cousin Macy. Oliver and I stayed behind since we weren't up for traveling yet. They had so much fun being with cousins! Highlights included playing (almost constantly) in the backyard pool - they've been trying to convince us that we need one now - and floating down a river.
Maggie was an official tube holder on the drive. HAHA!
Good times!!
How do the kids stay occupied and reverent (or at least quiet) during church when Daddy goes solo? Selfies at church!
Bryan is such an amazing daddy and a great example for the kids. He is always sharing his testimony and love for the gospel as well as instilling the importance of doing hard things (church with 4 kids on your own definitely counts!!). So glad he's ours!
Comments