So many things about September were super this year!
Oliver discovered the ceiling fans...and has been fascinated ever since.
He is a very expressive and fun-loving little boy already. Boy, oh boy...does the time fly!
Elizabeth continues to show her love for reading...doing it on her own when I have to take care of other siblings.
Groovy Joe is one of our favorite characters!
Zeb has a terrible habit of biting/picking at his lips. One Sunday, it reached the point of bleeding. I was nursing Oliver (really, that seems to take up such a majority of my day - or maybe it's just when everything seems to happen) and told him to rinse his mouth and move on. I know, I could be more sympathetic. Maybe next time.
Instead of following my instructions, he came out with a band-aid on his lip. Ouch! I started laughing uncontrollably when I saw what he had done...and made him take a selfie. Things like this need to be remember for posterity, right?! Or at least to give us smiles and remember the silly things we do.
Props for taking care of his problem, but more pain down the road when he had to take it off.
Super silly times abound whenever we try to do anything together. Whether it is Family Night (Family Home Evening should really be called Family Wrestle Time in our house!), family movie night, family game time, family prayers before bedtime...you get the idea...it turns into this.
Headstand competitions soon become a dogpile.
Poor Zebediah ended up on the bottom this time around. Oliver are I are somewhat glad to be spectators at this point.
Super big smiles from brothers!
We've been trying to find similar features in our kids...sometimes it just comes down to them making the same facial expressions.
Super helpers! The kids are learning more and more every day and becoming such great helpers around the house. We really have to work as a team to keep the house clean and everyone happy.
Zeb asked to learn how to iron. Of course I said yes!!! Ironing is a chore that I dread. Maybe it's because I let the pile get so large that it takes me hours to get through it. Maybe I should work on that. In the meantime, I will gladly welcome his help!
Mopping has always been a kid favorite around here.
Love that they can get the job done just using water with our amazing Norwex mop!
I also love when they are willing to take turns! It makes me laugh when they fight over who gets to mop. Let's keep the love for being clean alive!
Silly sisters find all sorts of sleeping positions. This one is called, "Who can find Elizabeth?". We have found the girls in all sorts of interesting places when we check on them before going to bed ourselves. This is my personal favorite.
Found her yet? Check the book cubby...
Super productive afternoon! Our jam supply was running low on a few flavors, so I decided to try a few new when making our favorite. We are now well stocked with Plum, Blackberry Peach, and Peach Raspberry jams.
Next chore is to keep enough bread made to enjoy all the goodness!
Zeb and Abby had a dress-up day at school (super hero something or other as part a of spirit week) and the littles couldn't resist joining in.
Rainbow Dash and Dorothy even wore their costumes when it was time to take Maggie to the dentist (poor girl inherited the awful teeth that runs in parts of our family and needs work done already...boo!!!) and got lots and lots of smiles from anyone we saw.
Since the costumes boxes were already out, we had lots of fun playing dress-up after school.
Would you ever be able to guess that this picture was taken on mismatch day?! There was also the option to wear your clothes backwards, thus the effort on Zeb's part to show that his plain white t-shirt is indeed on backwards.
If only they could "mismatch" every day...haha!
Taking the 3 youngest on errands sometimes results in impulse purchases. This time around it was face paint. Best $2 purchase ever!! Margaret and Elizabeth were so happy and played so well together the rest of the day. Wish that was the case every day, but they are sisters in every sense including the bickering. That's why we have to document the good times...to track the progress.
Maggie was so thrilled with her painting job (they were just sitting at a table having a blast...with no mirrors...) until she saw the picture. I wish I could have captured her dismayed expression. Almost immediately after seeing this picture, she went into the bathroom to try and wash off her masterpiece.
Lizzie kept her "beard" on until it started to itch. What a fun way to spend our time waiting for the big kids to come home from school!
I'm a bit jealous of Maggie's amazing bedhead hair. She wakes up every morning to a surprise and often goes straight for a mirror to check it out.
Definitely a perk of her bob haircut! Smiles all around!
Ollie is growing and growing and growing. He is so expressive and interested in the world around him.
He has a contagious grin and it starting to interact with us.
Zebediah is such a great big brother! He is always (well, not always...but usually) willing to play with his sisters and make them laugh.
I sure do love this crew of mine! Every day can be a challenge, but also a huge blessing. I love having a family of superstars!
Comments