Skip to main content

A family Update

To all the people that do not know yet. I, Bryan Downs, have gotten a job offer from Ernst & Young accounting firm.
I will be working in the L.A. office. I start summer/fall of 2009, so most likely in September.
The 5th of November was the earliest I could have found out that they would give me an offer. I went to school that day expecting to get a lot done. And that I did, I got a lot of NOTHING done. I spent the whole day being nervous because I was waiting for a phone call or an email. Something that would just get by nerves back to normal.
Well finally I couldn't take it any more. I wasn't getting anything done, so I contacted Alison and told her to come and get me when she got off of work. We were to go to American Fork together. That was about 4:00 pm. I spent the next hour just playing games on the computer. About 4:45 I got an email from someone at BYU. I checked it, like I had been checking emails all day. This time there was a junk mail in my box, so I checked the junk mail. Low and Behold, It was an email congradulating me on an offer. YAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I was very excited.
I printed a copy of it and handed the paper to Alison when she came and got me. She was excited also. On our way to American Fork I got the phone call from the Partner that I interviewed with. He told me the good news and some other really good things.
Well I have accepted the offer and now I am a lot less nervous.

Comments

Ashley said…
Congratulations!!!! That is very exciting, though we will be sad when you move away. It was good to see Alison today at the shower...thanks for coming!
Deon said…
Congratulations Bryan! And congratulations Alison for hanging in there! Watch out California--here comes the cutest laughing baby ever! . . . so far :)
Jeremy and Kara said…
I can't believe you are going to live in California. Poor Alison!
Stacey said…
That is so exciting! Congratulations. I actually got an email about them today. They seem like a really great company. Have fun in Cali!
Team Fifield said…
Yay! So excited for you guys! Congrats and can't wait to see you more often!