Skip to main content

Cursed?

Zeb has a curse.  At least that is how we've decided to tell this story.  The day started out so innocently.  We slept in (Zeb has been sleeping until 8:00 or later for the past week and I'm not about to complain!), had breakfast, relaxed, then decided it was hot enough to go to the pool.  By this time it was about 11:00 in the morning.  So, we got ready and made the 30 second walk to our complex pool...yes, the walk is only about 30 seconds.  I'm not exaggerating at all.  I'm sure it is so fast because Zeb runs the entire way.  Oh, and by the way, Zeb knows exactly where to go and isn't afraid to run off without waiting for Mommy or Daddy to take him.  He'll just wait patiently (or sometimes not so patiently) at the gate for us to unlock and open it to let him in.  Anyway, on with the story.  After spending 2 fun-filled hours at the pool I decided it was time to go home for lunch.  We had snacks at the pool, but sometimes you just need real food.  We got all dried off, and as is typical for Zeb, he jumped back into the pool as I was packing the bag.  Again...when am I going to learn!?!  Maybe by next summer. 

 
Picture Break.  This story is turning out to be long enough that a picture break was necessary.  Isn't he just adorable?  We sure like to think so!

Okay, on with the story.  After drying off a second time I finally got Zeb convinced that food was a good idea (maybe it was the bribe temptation of getting to watch his favorite show...we'll never know for sure) and we started the long trek home.  About 10 seconds into our journey (the walk always takes longer on the way home) I turned just in time to see Zeb jump, a bee fly off, and Zeb start crying.  Zeb's not usually a crier.  In fact, he fell twice while running at the pool and scraped up both legs and feet - all without crying.  That is why I knew something had happened with the bee.  Zeb was in such a state that he couldn't (more like he refused) to walk so I carried him the remaining 45 seconds home. 

 It was determined that the bee had, in fact, put it's lovely stinger into Zeb's foot.  A little difficult to decide since he had scraped his foot already.  **Small side note** This is the same poor foot that was burned earlier this summer.  Sad to say that our lunch was postponed for another hour.  Thanks heavens for more snacks!  Now came the dilemma of getting a very active 2-year old to keep a mud pack on his foot.  Just in case you ever have the same problem...here is how we did it. 
  • Step 1: Let Zeb make the mud

  • Step 2: Let Zeb put the mud on his foot (with supervision).  Of course, the mud ended up all over Zeb's lower half in spite of the supervision.  Good thing I had just washed his swimsuit the day before...
  • Step 3: Let Zeb put mud on your foot to match
  • Step 4: Become completely distracted by taking pictures and drawing with chalk to allow enough time for the mud to dry. 
Good news of the whole encounter...Zeb is not seriously allergic to bee stings. Not so good news...Zeb might have to start wearing shoes.  Oh, the horror!!

Comments