One lovely afternoon (Dec. 13th...and no, it wasn't a Friday) we all needed a time-out. We were all put into our bedrooms for some "quiet time", which really never happens but we never quit trying! Anyway, I heard the kids trying to sneak out of their room, but wasn't quite ready to see what they were up to (since my door was open and I was catching glimpses I wasn't too worried). Then my door started to close. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but that day our pull-up bar was still attached to the door frame. Down came the bar and the crying began. This had happened before where the kids had knocked it down and gotten a sore toe. Assuming that was what had happened, I got up to investigate. Then Zeb opens the door and says that Abby has blood. YIKES!
After getting things cleaned up, it wasn't too bad. If you look closely, it has a slight resemblance to the Eiffel Tower...
(Although I have to admit that when Bryan got home and saw the wound he said I should have taken her to the Urgent Care...note to self - head wounds go to the doctor in the future!)
Our brave little girl only whimpered for a short time before getting her huge grin on again. A few days later, and it was looking much better. A few weeks later (Christmas Day) it was looking just like a little scab. Who knows if she'll even get a scar out of this?
**Just as a side note** What is it with my kids and head injuries when I'm pregnant?! I was about 7 months along when Zeb split his open and almost 6 month along when Abs did this! Weird.
The next day (the 14th) we went to the park to stay occupied. It just so happend that a cold front had moved in, so we only stayed for about 20 minutes. And we spent nearly all of our time doing this...
Good times to re-energize us!
The next day (the 14th) we went to the park to stay occupied. It just so happend that a cold front had moved in, so we only stayed for about 20 minutes. And we spent nearly all of our time doing this...
Good times to re-energize us!
Comments