Some days it feels like all we do around here is party...but we sure have good reason!
Bryan celebrated his big 3-0 this month! When asked if he felt old, he said, "Not any older than I felt yesterday." Good answer. We got to surprise him a few times on his special day. We made him some birthday treats to share at work and *surprise!* didn't let him in on the secret until we arrived at his office with them. (I neglected to take pictures, but they were all delicious! Cookies and Creme cupcakes with Oreo frosting, Oreo Truffle Brownies, and Cookie Dough fudge - three treats for three decades of Bryan!)
He was able to get enough work done to come home early that night to have a family party. The kids were so excited to give him presents (almost as excited as they were to help wrap the presents!). He got some new work clothes (and looks super handsome in them!)...
...some more treats (his co-workers all have a love/hate relationship with me...they hate that I love to bake, but love to eat what I bake!) to enjoy...
...and a special surprise! This is my personal favorite picture of the evening. We all pitched in (the kids did a few extra chores) and got Bryan his very own tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2). He has hardly put it down since. That might be a slight exaggeration, but he does love it. So fun to get new toys!
After our family party, Zeb and Abby got to go play with one of their best friends while Bryan and I went on a date! We enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner (complete with free dessert - I just had to mention that it was his birthday...), then picked up the kids so we could all get a good night sleep.
We sure are glad to have Bryan in our lives. He is such an amazing husband, father, friend, and man. We sure love him!
Comments