Zeb was having a grand old time drawing during church one day...
This is his rendition of Dad paying attention to the speaker. HAHAHAHA! We forgot to take a picture of the final product, which showed the entire family, but you get the idea. We've got a regular Picasso on our hands. In all seriousness, we do love that our kids enjoy being creative and exploring different outlets for that creativity.
Mayday! Mayday! Baby on the the move!
Elizabeth is constantly standing on her own and even starting to take a few steps. It is pretty amazing to watch her do things that are age appropriate since we keep forgetting she really is big enough to do all these things.
Abigail has her very own sense of style. She was wearing her sweater as a scarf one day when I picked her up from school.
Her reason, "My neck was cold in class." Makes sense. Clever girl!
Spring time means piano recital time! This year, I teamed up with another teacher in our neighborhood for a combined recital. We chose to have a fairy tale theme, so every participant learned a classical song and a fairy tale song.
Zeb performed "Spring" by Vivaldi and "Lochness Monster". He did a fantastic job (even added his own little ending on "Spring") and loved every minute of being center stage!
Wahoo! I got a ribbon!!
Abigail brought a treasure home from school...
She spilled milk on it before I could get a good picture, but it says, "I love my mom. She is the best." I knew immediately that I had to get a picture of this because 1) It melted my heart, and 2) Abby and I have a tendency to butt heads and we need proof that we love each other sometimes.
Our ward had a Daddy-Daughter Dance this month. Bryan and the 2 older girls got to have some fun with friends. "Mom! We all match...take our picture!"
Good looking bunch all ready for the party!
Zeb, Lizzie and I had our own party at home. Zeb requested a movie night, but let me choose the movie. We settled in for some laughs with "The Incredible Mr. Limpet".
Elizabeth got herself all situated in the beanbag chair and thought she was in control.
Sometimes I really question my parenting choices. For example, I introduced Zeb to Power Rangers. Enough said on that one. Also, following our movie night, Zeb has been rather consistent in his efforts to imitate the sound Don Knots' character makes to warn the Allied Forces when a Nazi sub is approaching. Think fog horn mixed with sonic boom and you'll imagine what he is trying to sound like. Hmmm....was it worth it? This time, yes! Sometimes not so much. I guess you live and you learn...and then you learn more.
Spring also means an increase in grilling. Bryan can't resist showing off our dinner...
...mostly to make other people wish they could be us. Not really. It just looks so good!
May means Fathers and Sons campout! The guys missed out last year (what with us moving and new baby and moving and rain and moving) but had a blast this year! Bryan told me more than once that Zebediah was a chatterbox the entire drive (about an hour). Glad they could have some good conversation time - even if (maybe especially since) it wasn't deep thinking or life changing.
They went for a hike...
Did some rock climbing...(not just this boulder)
Played near a creek...
Did some whittling...
Stayed up until all hours of the night...Zeb stayed up later than I did that night (which isn't really saying much since I'm not a late night person)...and just enjoyed spending the time together.
School is rough on the littles. Just when we get good and tired from a morning of playing and chores and errands and playing, it's time to go pick up the big kids.
Maggie just couldn't hold out any longer and took a nap on her sister one day. I thought Liz was just being a good sport about it. Then I walked around to get a good look and they were both sleeping. How precious!!
Last Saturday, Bryan and I were outside cleaning our cars. The kids got tired of helping and came inside. I could hear Lizzie crying, so I came inside to check things out and this is what I found.
Zeb, oblivious to any surroundings because the tv was on. Abby, still in her helmet sitting in the baby bouncer. 10 points to anyone that can find Elizabeth in the mess. Did you find her yet? Here's a hint: she's wearing purple pjs. That little bundle on the left side is her! She fell asleep on the floor and her siblings didn't even notice. Wonderful. Guess who got to clean up the mess?!
After cleaning our cars (and other messes, ahem), we packed up and went to the Pinewood Derby! This was Zeb's first year participating and boy! did he have fun.
Liza enjoyed eating the hot dogs and nachos while we watched the festivities.
They had some fun photo opportunities set up.
Zeb didn't care about how fast his car went, he just wanted it to be a Batmobile. I think he (and Bryan) did a fantastic job making that happen!
His car was very underweight, we're talking it barely weighed 2 ounces and the weight limit is 5 ounces. Therefore, he lost every race. The best part was - he didn't care! He was having so much fun being with his friends and seeing all the different cars that he didn't mind when his car came in last. There's always next year.
Comments