These spring pictures just had to be shared. I never knew spring pictures were a thing...obviously by these pictures. Ha! Next year I hope to know when it is scheduled so the kids can at least be prepared for it. That said, I feel their personalities have been captured quite perfectly.
Zeb has decided that he wants to be weird. He loves to make jokes and make others smile.
Abigail is a superstar and not afraid to let everyone know it. She loves to stand out (while still having the approval of her peers - go figure) and be herself.
Oliver has sprouted a few teeth. They really are just barely cutting through. It's given him enough confidence that he steals my snacks ALL the time.
If he can't chew something, he'll just gnaw it to pieces.
Abigail was chosen for student of the month! What a fantastic thing for this amazing young lady.
Her teacher wrote a small tribute about her to share when she was presented with the award. We are so proud of our fun-loving spirited girl.
It was fun to attend the awards assembly and give her lots of loves and hugs in the middle of the school day.
Even when he doesn't want to cooperate. We (meaning me and I'm pretty sure him too) sure love our snuggle time!
Zeb has been bringing home some great school work lately. So great, that Abby tried to erase his name and claim it as hers. Haha! Nice try sweetie. It's nice to see that he is progressing in school, and also nice to see where I can help him more.
Math rocks! But apparently language arts isn't a high priority as of yet.
Best listen to those animals!
Food for thought. This assignment gave us a bit of insight into Zebediah and we have had several wonderful conversations about the importance of being able to work alone and with a group.
Wouldn't if be fascinating if animals really could speak? I wonder if Zeb was right in his predictions?
Zeb amazes us with his memory. He is constantly saying that he has a bad memory and can't remember things (usually when we ask him to repeat instructions that we have just given him or ask him for details about his day), but then he does something like this. He wrote a very detailed account of a Christmas vacation that happened 2.5 years ago. Also, his conclusion is my absolute favorite. Completely melts my heart every time.
I love the self-confidence shining through this essay.
Liz and Maggie got to have a combined birthday party this year. Lucky girls! They decided to have their party at the pool/splash park and I was so thrilled with their decision.
We had fun playing with friends and family while celebrating two special girls.
First ever (and hopefully to be repeated regularly!) sisters and Mom weekend! Since school was still in session, they all came to me. What great family I have!!
We had so much fun that the only pictures I have were from our time at the pool. Luckily Rachel made it back from her jaunt over to Disneyland to spend some time with a mission companion to join us. (She had quite the adventure using the SoCal public transportation system.)
We had a great time relaxing, playing, visiting, and more.
What do you do when you need more pressure on the wood while you cut it? Have your son sit on your hand, of course! Why didn't I think of that? Or maybe that just sums up why pinewood derby cars are a father/son activity?
Zeb loves designing his cars every year and the men definitely enjoy their time working together to make it all happen.
Maggie can't pass up a photo op! And she looks darn cute too!
You have to zoom in quite a bit to see his car (I can't believe this is the only picture, but once again we were having too much fun). Zeb was thrilled that he didn't come in last place! His car might have even placed first in a heat. I can't remember the details since it took me 8 months to finally record things (insert face palm here), maybe I'll just have to ask mister incredible memory. Overall, he had a wonderful time being with his scout troop and that's what really counts.
We got to pot plants and deliver them to seniors in our community for the annual Menifee Better Together day of service. It's nice to see so many in the community come together to serve those in need! It's also nice that they offer service projects for all ages and abilities.
Seeing the enthusiasm of the kids while making the flower pots was heartwarming. They were equally excited to deliver them and put smiles on other faces.
Bryan tried teaching the children the art of card houses/towers.
Some excelled. Some gave up too soon. Some tried again and again. Another great activity to see personalities shine through (and maybe get a little insight for self-improvement).
Way to go!
Comments