Skip to main content

Play Time

Bryan and I were able to add a little culture to our lives this past weekend.  We made the oh-so-fun drive into Los Angeles to see a spectacule play!  We didn't bother taking the camera because you are not allowed to use them inside the theater.  The thought of taking pictures of us outside of the theater only occured after we were on the road...and there is no turning back once you hit a certain point...the Point of No Return...


That's right!  We got to see The Phantom of the Opera. We purchased our tickets almost as soon as we heard it was coming to town (since I had never seen it and Bryan loved seeing it in San Francisco)...not really thinking that me being 9 months pregnant at the time of the show would have too much of an effect.  Boy did we ever get nervous a couple of weeks ago when I had some false labor!  Luckily the contractions stopped and we were able to still see the show.  Zeb got to spend the day with Gpa and Gma Downs and cousin Emily.  He had so much fun playing with them that he hardly missed us at all.  Thanks again for being his playdate/sitters!

The show was amazing (even though we had the understudy to the Phantom instead of the lead - he did a fantastic job) and totally worth the drive!  I suppose living near a big city does have it's occasional perks...

Comments

Deon said…
Now, THIS sounds like fun! Yes, big cities do have their perks. And their cons. But, a lot of perks. The access to cultural events like this is one of the reasons we occasionally pine for Chicagoland.

What did you think of the dropping chandelier? Crazy dramatic, huh! I'm so glad you were able to go, and I'm even more glad that Bryan is the type to go in for such stuff. Awesome.