Skip to main content

Spooky Fun

We made a family trip to Disneyland this past weekend and were pleasantly spooked.  Only problem...we forgot to charge our camera battery before we left so we only got a few pictures of the fun decorations.  Bryan has plans to take Zeb again before the end of Halloween season - I'm done until after this baby decides to join us! - so hopefully we'll get a few more fun pictures to share.    


 This was our first family trip to Disneyland during Halloween season. We've gone during every other season before...so this trip was pretty special.  In typical Disney fashion, everything was done beyond expectation...and so creative!  All the characters were in costume, as were several of the guests.  Sometimes it's a little difficult distinguishing between costume and regular clothing choice for the guests...but maybe that's just me? 


 It's really amazing what can be done with a giant pumpkin.  Can you imagine having that in your garden?! 


This trip was originally planned as a Father/Son outing.  Bryan was being so thoughtful by planning to take Zeb for the day, but that would leave me stranded at home with not much to do (or should I say not much I wanted to do?).  Maybe I got a sad look on my face, or maybe even made a hinting comment (not quite sure how it all happened now...darn that faulty memory...) but I was invited.  Having turned it into a family event, Bryan was able to go on a few of the bigger rides while Zeb and I occupied ourselves in shops or on smaller rides.  **Small side note** Bryan received a few glares from other park guests.  Why?  Because I was the one pushing the stroller while waddling through the park.  We even heard one kind soul tell her partner how rude Bryan was being for "making that poor girl push the stroller while he just carries a backpack".  I suppose they just don't understand that sometimes it's a little easier to waddle when you have something to lean on?!  Anyway...the transformations of rides for the holiday season is pretty incredible.  Our favorite change is the Haunted Mansion being taken over by Jack Skellington and his ghostly crew!  The ride is fun normally, but there is just something about mixing Halloween and Christmas that puts a smile on our faces.   

Comments

McCarthas said…
Amen on the waddling with something to hold onto :) I am with you there, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)