Zeb has a very unhealthy obsession with eggs. He will not eat them...unless they are hard-boiled but still the passion is there. Nearly every chance he gets, he will try to pull them out of the fridge. One morning, about 2 weeks ago, I came downstairs to find him sitting on the couch with an unopened gallon of milk on his lap and the carton of eggs next to him. Out of 13 eggs (a carton of 18 and we had already eaten 5) there were only 6 left in the carton and each of those had a hole punched through the top of them. I found 7 more cracked in the sink. Needless to say I was a little flustered and didn't think to take a picture of that incident. We also decided it was time to get a lock for the fridge. **Side note** We leave kids' bedroom door open to help keep the temperature constant...and also to keep them from waking each other up in the morning (a.k.a. keeping Zeb from waking Abby). Thus the morning adventures of Zeb are possible. He goes downstairs without trying to wake me (either that or he doesn't try hard enough!).
2 days ago I was feeding Abigail and Zeb brought me the orange juice from the fridge. Good thing the lock worked...not!! He pulled the door free. At least he left the eggs alone this time. But oh, how I wish he wasn't such a strong little tyke! Bryan came home from work and fixed the lock. We might as well give it another try.
Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch (after having a long night with Miss Abba) and Zeb woke me up by bringing me a capri-sun drink that was in the fridge. Once again he had wrenched the door free of the lock. Deep breaths...deep breaths...we gave up trying to fix the lock.
This morning I woke up to find the following...
Yes...those are my eggs covered in chocolate syrup...on my couch! And I learned my lesson from the past eggs-periences and got the camera out before cleaning up.
He was so proud of himself! As soon as he heard me coming down the stairs he ran to meet me with his happy, chocolate face. "Ta da!" said Zeb. "Oh no! What this time?" said I. I almost started laughing right away. Lucky for Zeb there was no chocolate spilled anywhere. It all went eggs-actly where he wanted it...on the eggs. Lucky for me he did not break any of the eggs this time around. Oh, the adventures!
In closing...does anyone have a brilliant way to lock a refrigerator? We tried the locks from the store and they were more parent-proof than Zeb-proof. At this stage we are willing to try just about anything! I love laughing in the morning, but would prefer to laugh without there being a risk to my perishables.
Comments
I'm glad he liked Santa a lot more this year!