Skip to main content

Abigail Nicole Downs

I would like to introduce the little lady that will drain my bank account.  She was born on October 22, 2010 at 1:38 PM.  She was 20 in long and 7 lbs 6 oz. She already has me wrapped around her little fingers.

Gma Sagers drove down to help us with this fun event.  She arrived Thursday evening, just in time to relax for a little while before we had to leave for the hospital.  We went in to start the induction process at the lovely hour of 12:00 am.  8 hours later, with slight progress and a few contractions we started the pitocin.  After starting the drugs, things progressed quite quickly.  A few short (or long...) hours later she was ready to come.  20 minutes of pushing (wonderful compared to the 2 hours for Zeb!) and Abigail was here!


Zeb was so excited to get to come meet his baby sister.  He affectionately calls her "Baby Owie" and tries so hard to help her not cry.  Abby has the most distinguishing cry known to mankind.  Well, that might be a slight exaggeration...but not by much.  She doesn't have the "cute" baby cry.  Rather, it is more of a screech.  Very pleasant...right...


 Abigail is a wonderful nurser already!  She caught on the very first time and hasn't stopped since.  She also loves her fingers and anything else we let her suck on. 


Sibling love!  So far there has been no jealousy.  Only love and excitement.  Zeb loves to find "Baby", give her kisses, pat her softly, hold her, etc.  Such a wonderful big brother!


Let us put it this way if someone comes and asks to take pictures of your baby at the hospital, say no.  An hour and a half  later she finally left and we had our room, and our baby, back to ourselves.

We brought baby Abby back on Sunday.  It is good to be back home. 

Comments

Ashley said…
Congratulations to all of you! Abby is so beautiful. I love the sound of Abby, it is so cute. She looks great on your homemade quilt, Alison! How fun to have Grandma there, too. I can't wait to meet her!
JA and co. said…
Congratulations, she's adorable! I love her cute fuzzy hair. Glad everything went smoothly...I'm sure y'all are loving having her here!
McCarthas said…
Congrats guys she is adorable and Zeb looks like he really likes her :) good luck with everything and I will be in your shoes in May :) Enjoy Enjoy Abby :) and Zeb of course. I miss you guys, and wish I could be there to meet Abby.
RMSagers said…
Yea! Congratulations! Glad she is here and that your mom made it down to help (those things are fun for grandmas/moms) She is beautiful! I think that cry is just a female thing. I remember Grandma Sagers once told me after babysitting Kristen that she was grateful she had all boys - think it is the pitch of the cry!
Take care
Janelle said…
What a beautiful little girl! I'm glad everything worked out and that you are all healthy and happy. Hopefully we can meet this cute little girl when you come to Utah in November.
Deon said…
Congratulations Alison, Bryan and Zeb! Abby is adorable! Is it just me, or do I see a little bit (a whole lot) of Zeb through her eyes and forehead? We are so happy that everyone is so healthy and happy!!!
Tiffany Downs said…
I am so happy for you and she is just yummy! I can't wait to see her. . .hopefully soon!!!
Lisel said…
Congratulations! She is beautiful!
Melanie said…
love that baby girl! and that big, little boy! :)