Zeb has developped an interest for finding new sleeping positions and locations recently. Perhaps it has a little something to do with the big changes that are coming to our family, or he could just be trying something new. We never really know with him!
About a week ago he was having a difficult day (really it was a difficult week). Daddy was working long hours, Zeb refused to nap, and Mommy wasn't being a very active play-mate. You know a child is tired when they actually ask to go to bed...especially when this particular child would stay up until who-knows-when every night if given the chance! Once again, he could have just been trying to get out of eating dinner but he was extremely tired so I believed him. We took our time with the night-time rituals of a shower, storytime, prayers and singing songs trying to keep him up until his normal bedtime of 7:30. We almost made it.
This week Zeb has slept in a different place every time he has consented to taking a nap. Wednesday he had a tummy ache (a little too much sun exposure and pool water ingested) and fell asleep laying on top of me on the couch. Once again I was stuck, but this time I was at least laying down and could nap with him!
Thursday the little guy chose to move all of his bedding and animals into the crib and sleep in the crib. **Side note** Zeb will be sharing his bedroom with his little sister so we put the crib up in his room and are having quite the time keeping him out of it!
Friday (today) he nearly gave me a heart attack! When I opened his door to see if he was sleeping or just playing quietly I couldn't see him anywhere. It wasn't until I got down on the floor (and almost got stuck again) that I found him underneath the crib! He took some of the baby's bedding and animals under with him, leaving his own stashed in the crib again. Silly boy! I can't complain, though, since he is actually napping. I'd take a strange location for a nap over no nap any day of the week!
Comments