Skip to main content

Miscellaneous Fall Happenings

Zeb and Abigail are totally and completely in love with drawing, writing, and coloring right now. For them, the canvas doesn't matter. The materials don't matter. Anything will do...
 
 The door to the garage and Abigail make much better surfaces than the patio...right? **I'm pretty sure Abby did some self-artwork since Zeb knows better (remember the black hand incident?!)** Also drawn on, but not pictured, was the side of the house, the sliding glass door, the slide, Zeb's bike seat, and finally a small section of the patio.
 
 They also had fun using flour do make some pretty artwork while we were baking one day. Bryan had lovingly suggested that we put together goodie plates for the families that we Home Teach and Visit Teach. I was a little surprised (isn't that a Christmas thing?) but we had so much fun making Halloween/Fall plates!
 
 The kids really were big helpers and kept us all smiling throughout the long day!
 
The finished product. (We only had smallish paper plates and bowls, so rather than going to the store to buy larger paper products...each family just got multiples!) They got some of great-Gma Sagers famous sugar cookies, pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and honey popcorn. We had originally planned to make popcorn balls...but I was just too tired at the end of the day. Yep. Laziness won out in the end. They got bowls of popcorn instead of balls...but it all tastes the same so I wasn't too worried!
 
 In between all of our busy-ness, we have also been working on sharing and taking turns. It is so good to see them taking turns and being nice to each other! **Translating what Abigail is saying, "So, brother..." They are constantly saying something along those lines to each other, finding nice ways to get the attention of their sibling (or parent) and asking typically random questions.** Next on our "to teach" list is...tattle tales. Oh joy!
 
 We took a little trip out to our local IKEA store with some friends. The kids were having a blast in the children's area! They would sit down at the tables to have a breakfast of broccoli, radishes, and carrots, then head off to bed. They would "sleep" for a minute, then "wake up" and repeat. Love it!
 
Bryan and I have started going for walks together bright and early in the morning (we try to leave by 6:00 so we can be back before the kids get out of bed) so we can get a little bit of exercise and some together time. I love the idea...except for the time. I'm not a morning person. But, on the other hand, I'm not a night person either. Bryan has descried me as a "middle of the day person" and he's (I hate to admit it!) right on this one. Anyway...my ears get cold on our brisk walks but a full hat was too warm, so I decided to make some ear warmer headbands with some spare yarn that I had just sitting in my crocheting bag.
 
 As soon as Abigail saw what I was doing she started asking for one. Turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!
 
 This is mine. I also made one to match Abby's (but in a peach yarn instead of pink and rainbow), but haven't taken pictures. I couldn't leave Zebediah out...so he got a new hat. It's a bit big for him now (not sure how it happened since I had him try it on every few rows!) but he'll grow into it someday - and he loves it!
 
One day, while sitting on the couch reading books, the kids asked to send a picture to Aunt Michelle. I got my phone all set...then they started to sing! It was totally not prompted and all them. It turned out so cute we had to share it with others!
**Abigail is saying, "Mommy, listen and obey" throughout the singing. She's had her fair share of experiences with "time out" recently and must hear that a lot. Ha!**

Comments