Skip to main content

For the Love...of Numbers

104...
 Days left until busy season is finished.  Yes, we are counting down even though we are only 3 days into it.  Knowing that we survived last year will make this year go by even that much faster.  Suffice it to say that we spend every possible moment with Daddy!

37...
 Pictures we had to take to get a smile out of this little guy.

520...
 Hours spent loving life at Disneyland or California Adventure.  We decided to take a year off this next year.  Call me crazy, but I wasn't really up to doing the parks with a toddler and an infant alone.

 
Zeb only took the full year, but he finally warmed up to getting his picture taken with the characters without being held!

1...
 
 New ride for Zeb!  He was tall enough to ride...after a worker helped him stretch.  He giggled the entire time (gets it from his daddy)!

35...
 Minutes in line to drive the cars with Daddy.  Very much worth the wait, even though Zeb was so tired by this point (lots of fun and no nap) that he could hardly drive!
 
12...
 Inches of hair finally donated. I started growing it out with the intent of donating it, but then fell in love with having long hair.  After months of flipping back and forth I set an appointment with my favorite hair stylist (thanks Tiffany!!) before I could change my mind again.

 I absolutely love my new look!  

3...
 Softball games for Bryan last Saturday during his annual work softball tournament. Yes, that's him playing with his arm in a sling.

   
Bryan had surgery on his left wrist to remove 2 cysts on Tuesday and decided he was healed enough to play softball on Saturday.

 Zeb had more practice with the camera while Daddy was out on the field.  We had to find some way to distract him!  The tournament was held in Glendale at a sports park on a mountain.  The forecast called for sun, but we saw mostly clouds and had to bundle up!

 Bryan learned that he could bat with one hand...
and could even place his hits (better than with both hands according to him)!

 Zeb was warming up in the bull-pin for almost an entire game before he tried to run out onto the field again. I say again because he made it onto the field 3 times during 1 game before I could contain him!

 "I play right field..."  Anyone else in the mood for pizza?  (Anyone else remember that Pizza Hut commercial?  Or is that just us?!)
 
18...
 Months older than his mommy was , but doing the same activity.  Climbing chain link fences at Daddy's softball games is a tradition we happily carry on through the generations. 

4...
 
Nights in a row this little angel has slept through the night.  Not bad for only being 12 weeks old.

We sure do love our numbers!  Just for the record...I may have guessed on a few of the numbers, but they are mostly accurate.

Comments

Ashley said…
Adorable post! I love the number game! Good luck with this year's busy season. I know it's hard work, but with that little Zeb, it is sure to be fun and entertaining! That Cars exhibit is really cute. I love Zeb's pose next to Lightning McQueen. Your new haircut is super cute! I'm trying to grow mine out too, but now you make me want to cut it! And that last picture of Abigail is adorable. I need to meet her soon!
Deon said…
Aw, these pictures tell a wonderful story about the Downs! Your haircut is super sassy and adorable, Alison! I love it, and it suits you perfectly. Zeb does so well with that camera, and I'm guessing that he snapped your pic showing off your long, long hair. At least it looks like the photo was shot from right around his height . . . maybe Bryan suddenly got shorter?

Speaking of Bryan, is that man a sports maniac or what, playing with a sling and all! Too bad he doesn't get paid for THAT!

I can tell you are having some great fun dressing up that baby girl of yours. So, so cute!
Michelle said…
Als!!!

I can't believe how much Abby has changed!! She looks adorable in that last pic :) Plus, I love the hairdo. I was thinking of cutting mine too but now I can't cause I'll be accused of copying you! LOL Super cute! :Love ya: